Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My hometown



My hometown is JinChang,which is a small city in China and has 470,000 people .JinChang is located in the north-west of China, and belongs to GANSU province. Because it lies at the edge of TENGGELI desert ,and at the bottomof the QILIAN mountain ,the climate of JinChang is typically contimental , in winter it is very cold and windy , but in summer it is very dry and cool.

Although my hometown is a small city in China, it is very important . The first reason is that JinChang has the biggest nickel mine in China and it’s reserves are the second largest in the world. So people give my hometown another name “NieDu”. In fact, JinChang is a young city. When geologists found the nickel mine in my hometown in 1969, many people who have plentiful experience in digging mine immigrated to my hometown. In order to provide better service and management to these people and original residents ,the government built up a new city named JinChang in 1981. New city included one CBD and two suburbs .The second reason is that JinChang area is one of the stops along theSilk Road. As well known,the Silk Road was a trade route that went across Asia to the Mediterranean Sea that let China trade with other places. It was named the silk road because there was a lot of silk traded along it. Today, a plenty of historians and tourists have paid more attention on researching and discovering the Silk Road, and it makes my hometown get more reputation. The last reason is that JinChang is an important place for the staple food supply. It is one part of HeXi Hall which is famous for the farming industry. As a result JinChang is the richest city in GanSu province. At the same time it has become one of the top 100 richest cities in China.

I have left my hometown many years since I went to college in 1991. The last time I returned to JinChang was in 2006 before I came to Australia. I found this young city had developed very well and quickly. I love my hometown,.. I hope more and more people would like to travel to JinChang. And it will become a more popular city.

1 comment:

  1. Very thorough report. Good structure, vocabulary and linguistic features.

    ReplyDelete