Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Excursion To Bondi Beach

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Sculture By the Sea
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


My class went on another excursion to Bondi beach to see an exhibition, Sculpture By the Sea, on Tuesday 10th November. I got up very early and dropped my two daughters off at their childcare at 8:30. When I got to Kogarah railway station, most of my classmates had been there for a while. We departed at 9:16am on time as we had arranged.

The first stop was Bondi Juction where we transferred to a bus . Because the bus can only use pre-paid tickets, we had to buy the ticket from a bus ticket machine, which made everyone feel it was quite interesting. It was the first time any of us had bought bus tickets from a vending machine.

We arrived at Bondi beach at 10:15am and started our excursion. We walked along the way from Bondi beach to Tamarama beach. In total there were around 100 art works. Two of my classmates, Anna and Jin and I formed a group. We found sculpture no.5 , which was my assignment, quickly. They took photos for me. We were shocked by the sculptures and the natural views on the beach. We enjoyed the beautiful environment. After a while, we arrived at a flat area on top of the hilll, where there were a lot of sculptures . We looked at these works and took photos of each other happily.We took the opportunity to practise our oral English. But it was a real pity that I missed the first sculpture, Alchemy, which is made by Lucy Humphrey and everyone told me was very beautiful. After lunch, around 12:30pm, we walked to the next stop.

Tamarama beach was the last stop. Because our group was the first group to be at this beach,a fter finishing our assignment,we had enough time to play on the beach. We walked around the beach and played in the ocean. We found some people were lying on the beach and enjoying the sunshine, some children were playing games and some teenagers were surfing. Time went so quickly it was time to leave.We took a bus to Bondi Junction and finished our excursion at 2:00pm.
Although I felt a little bit tired,I was attracted deeply by the art works and views, and I enjoyed myself and learned a lot from the excursion. I am looking forward to the next excursion with my teachers and classmates

No comments:

Post a Comment