Saturday, December 26, 2009

SUNNY'S FIRST PARTY

Last Friday, my husband and I took part in my old daughter, Sunny;s Xmas party which was held by the Southern cross long day care center. It was my first time to join formal party in Australia. I found it was very different from china. In this party, they didn’t arrange kids to sing or dance, but it was still very interesting and meaningful.

The party was divided three steps. First step was afternoon tea. The staff of the center prepared delicious food such as pies, chips, cakes, cookies, fruits, drink and so on for parents and children. The parents and children enjoyed these food and had chatting each other. After half hour afternoon tea, we entered into the second step which was lottery time. Every family had a ticket which marked number, and the number was a proof of lottery. There were 20 piece of chance to draw a prize. The teacher let some children to choose ticket from a basket, and whose number was same as the ticket’s number which were chosen by these children, it meant this people drew a prize. It was very lucky that my daughter Sunny drew a prize. The third step was Santa’s time. Santa is all children’s hope, it means so long as a child meets Santa the child will get present. So this step was that Santa presented gift to every kid. I found every kid was excited to wait for Santa’s gift. Although my daughter was afraid of Santa she still was full of expectation, and when she received Santa’s gift, she looked so happy and exciting.

All in all, this party was very special party in my life,because it was my daughter’s first party when she became a student. I absolutely believe my daughter will have a lot of chance to take part in more wonderful party in future ,but I hope this party will give my daughter special meaning and a good reminiscence.

No comments:

Post a Comment